My Fashion & Compassion Journey
By Celeste Bundy
In 2009, when I signed up to go to Africa with my church, I had no idea how that one decision would change my life forever. After spending 17 days in Burundi, Rwanda and Kenya with the team and my daughter, Miah, I truly felt God’s call to help these amazing women that I had recently met.
I now know that God brought Michele and I together for a reason… and that was to give us His dream of launching a non-profit that gives back – Fashion & Compassion.
Well, here we are, 8 years later and there is a new dream that God has in store for me. Although I am currently unaware of what that might be (YIKES!), I know God is calling me to TRUST Him and that His plan is perfect and whole.
God is doing something new with Fashion & Compassion but that means He is also doing something new with me. It is with much sadness to announce that I will no longer be involved in Fashion & Compassion as of September 1st, 2017.
I would not change the past 8 years for any reason… over this time God has allowed me to:
- Build relationships with our Artisans who I now call friends/heroines; our volunteers who consistently amaze me; and our Ministry Partners who are simply incredible.
- Come alongside what He is doing in Mexico, Honduras, Ecuador, Rwanda, Uganda, Ethiopia, and Charlotte to help point women to Him.
- See physical, emotional, and spiritual healing come to our Artisans and their families. I will never forget the incredible blessing it was to meet Concy, a beautiful little girl in Uganda, who received life-changing surgery because of YOUR purchases.
- Share life with our Artisans, Volunteers, and Staff. During our weekly Jewelry Projects, I’ve seen countless prayers answered, learned more about God’s Word than I could have ever imagined, and seen God’s love in action.
- Witness what He is doing in and through His church. There are so many great bodies of Christ out there who want to see His sons & daughters empowered to be their best. Thank you if you’ve ever welcomed me as we’ve co-hosted a Fashion & Compassion MarketPlace or Trunk Show. There have been many laughs and many tears, many movements of the Holy Spirit, and many relationships deepened by the One True God. There have also been many vans loaded and unloaded, miles driven, and McDonald’s kid’s meals consumed but that’s a whole other story.
Oh Daughters & Sons of the Most High, never question God’s plan…because He loves you, He knows you & He has what is best for each of our lives…even when it doesn’t make sense. So, now, I must wait and see what God wants next for me; I rest assured in His promise in Psalm 34:8, “Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in Him.”
My hope and prayer for Fashion & Compassion is that God continues to guide and direct this wonderful organization to where He is calling them. Seeing where He has brought us so far, all I can declare is that HE IS FAITHFUL!
Please join us in Celebrating all that Celeste has contributed to the lives of literally THOUSANDS of women by writing a note or a prayer in the comment area below…