Fashion & Compassion envisions communities where formerly vulnerable women live abundant, purposeful lives. We are a 501c3 nonprofit.
Our mission is to create empowerment communities where vulnerable women connect with God, one another and resources as their lives are transformed. We serve with an inclusive Christ-centered approach and regardless of national origin, religion, race, ethnicity or sexual orientation.
Based in Charlotte, North Carolina, we empower women in the USA as well as in Africa and South and Central America.
Your support helps serve women locally who are overcoming situations such as:
- human trafficking
- generational poverty
- ethnic persecution
Through a supportive healing community, our Artisans:
- Learn to make jewelry and other crafts
- Are empowered to realize they are capable and worthy
- Benefit from learning important work-readiness skills
- Receive supplemental income to support their families
- Grow in personal development through mentoring and small group time
- Set and achieve goals around employment, education, housing, continued sobriety, financial literacy, ESL, supportive community, emotional health and skill development
- Expand their social capital through connections to resources and community partners
Local artisans graduate from our program typically within 3 to 6 months. These amazing women become our beloved sisters and friends in this journey of life, and continue to receive support post-graduation through our Alumni program.
Globally, we partner with NGO’s and artisan groups in Africa and South and Central America, empowering women and families through economic mobility. Our global artisans amaze us with their joy for life, even amidst great challenges as they overcome extreme poverty, human trafficking, HIV/AIDS, and genocide.
Your purchases and donations empower vulnerable women to achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Since we are a 501c3 nonprofit, 100% of your purchase goes back into the organization to empower more women.
Read more about our impact here.